Are you interested in sending us manuscripts of compositions, books or educational material?
How can I submit manuscripts?
If you are interested in having your compositions, books or educational material published by Schott Music, please keep the following recommendations in mind:
- Please consider whether your work is suitable for publication by Schott Music. Please also bear in mind that a work of small scope (for example a single song) is difficult to promote and would therefore go largely unnoticed in our large, comprehensive catalogue.
- We accept only completed manuscripts. Single pages, drafts or abstracts will be ignored. Concepts for educational materials and pedagogical literature must be fully prepared. Book manuscripts should include an overview.
- Should your work contains copyright-protected elements of other rights holders (texts, translations, melodies, images), this is to be expressly indicated. These elements must be labelled, stating the name and biographical data of that person as rights holder in the manuscript.
- We accept manuscripts exclusively as electronic files and accept the following formats: PDF, Sibelius, Finale or MusicXML (for printed music), PDF or Word (for text), JPG (for illustrations and photos) and mp3 for audio recordings.
- We accept no manuscripts in paper form. Due to time and financial constraints, we cannot return unsolicited manuscripts – regardless of whether return postage is included. Please do not send electronic media (CDs, USB sticks, etc.), originals, or other materials which you would want returned to you.
- Please send your manuscript by e-mail only to firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a brief biography of yourself and, if appropriate, about the work. If necessary, the manuscript should be compressed (as a ZIP file), so that it can be sent in a single e-mail. If you have uploaded your manuscript as a file on an external file server, links to this server must be accessible indefinitely and the contents should not be altered after the upload.
Please understand that, due to the volume of submissions we receive, it may take a long time to process your manuscript. We ask you to refrain from contacting us about the status of your submission. If you have not been contacted after six months, please take this as a rejection. Due to the great number of manuscripts it is not generally possible for us to send individual rejections, even if this would be beneficial to you. We thank you for your understanding.