Born: December 16th, 1932
Country of origin: Russia
Tanja - Katja
Conductor: Gábor Takács-Nagy
July 27th, 2015 | Salle des Combins - Verbier - France
Conductor: Dmitry Sitkovetsky
September 10th, 2015 | Ateneul Român - București - Romania
Born in Moscow on 16 December
Studied at the Moscow Choral School
Studied at the Moscow Conservatory with Yuri Shaporin
(composition) and Yakov Flier (piano)
Married Maya Plisetskaya, the prima ballerina of the Bolshoi
Professor of composition at the Moscow Conservatory
World première of the ballet Carmen Suite in Moscow
Refused to sign an open letter which was to sanction the invasion of Warsaw Pact troops in Czechoslovakia
World première of the ballet Anna Karenina in Moscow
Succeeded Dmitri Shostakovich as president of the Russian Federation of the Union of Composers (since 1989 honorary president).
Correspondent member of the Bavarian Academy of Fine Arts
Attended the Munich Piano Summer for the first time.
Honorary member of the Academy of Fine Arts of the GDR
Honorary member of the „International Music Council“
Member of the Interregional Group which sympathized with 'perestroika'
Member of the Berlin Academy of Arts
“Khorovody” (4th concerto for orchestra)
World première of Old Russian Circus Music
Dmitri Shostakovich Prize
World première of the opera Lolita in Stockholm
World première of the Concerto for Violoncello and Orchestra ('sotto voce concerto') in London
World première of the Trumpet Concerto in Pittsburgh
Crystal Awards, World Economic Forum, Davos
Honorary professor at the Moscow Conservatory
World première of Four Russian Songs in London
World première of Concerto Cantabile in Zürich
World première of the 5th Piano Concerto in Los Angeles
Final nomination of “Grammy Awards” for the best classical
contemporary composition (Concerto Cantabile)
“Composer of the Year” of the Pittsburgh Symphony
Has been living in Munich and Moscow.
Prize of the City of Moscow for the choral opera Boyarina Morozova
The Marrinsky Theatre in St. Petersburg names its new recital hall in Mariinsky II after Rodion Shchedrin.